A few weeks ago I went to a pop-up dinner at Café des Philosophes, where Jajaffe took over their kitchen. The menu consisted of 8 dishes and the Gnocchi à l'origan, Asperger, pecorino (the 3rd dish) me enamoró.
I liked it so much that a couple of days after, I tried to make my version of the recipe at home. I made them with parmesan and decided to add a taste of Spain with taquitos de Jamón.
Here is the result of my experiment.
Gnocchi with asparagus and jamón for two
Gnocchi - 150 g
White asparagus - 100 g
Green asparagus - 100 g
Onion - 1
Jamón - 100 g
Yogurt - 100 ml
Parmesan - 100 g
Salt - to taste
Pepper - to taste
1. Wash and cook white asparagus 8 minutes.
2. Chop the onion and sauté in a pan.
3. When the onion is transparent, add the white asparagus (already cooked) to the pan, so that they can brown a little.
4. Whisk the white asparagus, onion, yogurt and parmesan. Add salt and pepper to taste. If the cream is too thick add a little of the water you used to boil the asparagus.
5. Cook the gnocchi in the pan with a bit of olive oil (check the package instructions).
6. Wash and cut the green asparagus into 4 cm pieces.
7. Cut the jamón into cubes.
8. Sauté the green asparagus along with the ham.
9. Serve the cream on the bottom of a deep plate, them add the gnocchis and finally the green asparagus and jamón on top.
10. Add a little more of parmesan and a touch of salt flakes.
Amigos ¡Qué aproveche!