The September Fig Jam recipe was super popular on Instagram, people went nuts for it! Give it a go if you haven’t already.
My personal toque is to add a bit of orange zest, which makes it espectacular and my favorite way of eating it is with a bit of queso Gruyere or Manchego. Te mueres!
Figs - 1 kg
Lemon - 1
Orange - 1
White sugar - 400 g
Water - 150 ml
1. Wash the figs and cut them in half.
2. Put the figs in water in a large saucepan.
3. Cook until figs have softened and released their juices.
4. Add the orange zest, sugar and lemon juice.
5. Bring to a boil and cook for 5-7 minutes. Stir regularly.
6. Remove from the heat and leave to sit for 10 minutes.
7. Ladle the mixture into sterilised jars. Seal with lids and leave to cool completely.
Amigos ¡Qué aproveche!